Every woman must have enough basic information about emergency contraceptive pills. The emergency contraceptive pills are also known as the morning-after pill. This should not be used in place of regular birth control pills, both medications work in different ways. Let us discuss morning after pill singapore briefly.
- Some emergency contraceptive pills have the same hormones which are present in the birth control pills but high dosage. These hormones do not live for a long period and they may not be able to give you the desired result.
- These pills should not be used to abort the pregnancy as these are not designed for that. The emergency contraceptive pills should be taken in two parts the both should be taken 12 hours apart. Each pill is a combination of both estrogen and progestin.
- The first dosage should be taken with seventy-two hours of the intimate relationship. If it is not taken in that time period then the chances of it working are less. If it is taken within the time period then there is no need to worry.
- The second option is the plan B that is the progestin- Only pill emergency contraceptive which should be taken within seventy-two hours and the send dose should be taken after twelve hours. It is better if you take it more early as it is said that the sooner you take the more effective it will be.
- There are other emergency contraceptive pills available but before using they make sure you consult your doctor and take the same amount of dosage as suggested by the doctor.
- Another pill which you can take is the Ella that has to be taken for five days each day one pill. You can buy them without any prescription.
Finally, before using any ECP make sure you consult your doctor.